The Monaco government has announced the extension of confinement until May 3 inclusive. A press release today said that the Princely Government, on instructions from H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince, has decided to extend the decision of March 17 on temporary regulation of travel until May 3. It said that this decision is part of the need to continue efforts to further contain the spread of the virus.
The full text of the release is as follows:
The Princely Government, on instructions from H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince, decided to extend the decision of March 17 on temporary travel regulations until May 3 included. This decision is part of the need to continue the efforts undertaken to continue to contain the spread of the virus. These containment rules have, to this day, demonstrated their effectiveness, for three weeks, to ensure the sustainability of our health structures.
It is essential to remember that the virus does not circulate alone, it is the movements of people who promote the pandemic.
Thus all travel is prohibited except:
1. Travel between home and the place (s) of exercise of the professional activity, when they are essential for the exercise of activities which cannot be organized under form of telework or constitute professional travel which cannot be deferred;
2. Travel to purchase supplies necessary for the activity and essential purchases in establishments and local shops authorized to welcome the public;
3. Travel for health reasons, namely consultations and care that cannot be insured remotely and cannot be deferred; consultations and care of affected patients a long-term condition;
4. Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to persons vulnerable or child custody;
5. Brief trips (short), related to:
• either to the individual physical activity of people, to the exclusion of any practice collective sports and close proximity to other people,
• either for a walk with the only people gathered in the same home,
• either the needs of pets;
6. Travel to meet a judicial or administrative summons;
7. Travel for participation in missions of general interest at the request of administrative authority.
A man has died following a diving accident in Cavalaire-sur-Mer in the Var. The accident occurred at a popular site for divers in the region.... Read More